5-Minute Makeup With NU EVOLUTION
If you're anything like me, you don't want to mess with tons of makeup when August temps are sky high and humidity can be measured by how much my hair expands with frizz when stepping outside. But, I still want to look polished and put-together, preferably with a bit of a (faux) bronze glow. Enter NU EVOLUTION's Portofino Pressed Bronzer.
Why I Love It
- A pressed bronzer is SO much easier to travel with.
- The bronze on this finish tends to the reddish brown, instead of the golden (often orange-y) brown. That makes it more friendly for more skin tones.
- There's just a slight shimmer. No disco-ball or muddy-looking face here.
Now, to pair that gorgeous bronzer with some other effortless makeup that still packs a bold punch, I'm using Alima Pure, Kjaer Weis and Fitglow Beauty. It's a quick, five-minute face that stills gives me that pulled together look, but without much effort. Here's how.
- Alima Pure Pressed Foundation: In the summer, I tend towards oily, so starting with a powder foundation instead of a liquid or cream gives me more control over my finish. Plus, again, a pressed powder is SO EASY to travel with, and much easier to apply. I buff this into my whole face, but focus a little more on areas with redness, like around my nose.
- NU EVOLUTION's Portofino Pressed Bronzer: This is what gets me the best bronze glow—using my Alima Pure Kitten Brush, I lightly swirl the brush into the pressed bronzer, then tap the side of the brush on the compact to remove excess powder. Starting from the apples of my cheeks and moving up to right beneath my temples, I sweep the powder up lightly on both sides of my face. Easy. But here's the secret trick: I also sweep the brush in a "3" shape over my face, starting above my eyebrow, moving around my eye, into the apple of my cheek, and down along my jawline. It creates a bronze effect over my whole face, without having to try to "contour." Repeat on the other side.
- Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter: This is an optional step, but I like to gently pat a little cream highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones, and in the inner corners of my eyes, for a little perk up. Skip if you want to cut your routine down to 4 minutes!
- Fitglow Beauty Good Lash Mascara: Apply one coat of mascara on each eye. Wait 20 seconds and apply a second coat to build lashes up. The drying mascara creates a firmer foundation for full lashes!
- NU EVOLUTION Lipgloss in Bliss or Risque: Here's where my bold color comes in. I love a bright pink or an orange for summer, and to balance out the really subtle eye I've got going on. Bliss is a perfect pop of pink and Risque is a lovely semi-sheer orange. I swipe one on, depending on my mood or outfit, and I'm ready to go!
Super easy and a really polished summer look for the office, date night or girls night, right? Enjoy!