Bronze Goddess Summer Makeup
Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am the sustainable fashion blogger behind Sustainable Siren. Having made the switch to eco friendly fashion, I’ve been wanting to do the same for my beauty routine as well, and I’m very excited to start blogging for Eco Diva Beauty! (EcoDiva note: We're SO excited to have you!)
When it comes to clothing, my personal style is very earthy and goddess-inspired, so for my first blog post I wanted to do a bronze/golden goddess makeup look, especially since summer is fast approaching! Read on for an easy-to-achieve, effortless summer makeup look.
Products I used to create this look:
- Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion (in Deep Dark)
- Alima Pure Bronzer (in Trinidad)
- Vapour Aura Multi Use Radiant Blush (in Brilliance 226)
- Hynt Beauty Forte High Definition Eye Liner (in Brown)
- Hynt Beauty Suite Eye Shadow Palette (in Sweet Canyon)
- During the warmer months, I like to opt for a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation as it feels a lot lighter on my skin! I started out by first applying Prtty Peaushun’s Skin Tight Body Lotion (in Deep Dark) which you can also use on your face to add a subtle tan glow. I like that this lotion doesn’t just add color, but also helps to improve the condition of your skin. The high caffeine content helps to tighten the skin, rosemary extract stimulates cell renewal, and blue vervain leaf also heals and relieves aches and pains.
- Next, to add some definition and color to my cheekbones, I use Alima Pure Bronzer (in Trinidad). This is an awesome mineral bronzer that is certified natural, and free of irritants, dyes, fillers, gluten, and toxins. Trinidad is a deep matte bronze, but the Alima bronzers also come in shimmery finishes as well.
- Now to add some more glow and highlight—I use Vapour’s Aura Multi Use Radiant Blush (in Brilliance 226, which is the most stunning 24-karat gold color!). It comes in a stick making it super easy to apply and take on-the-go too. I swiped it above where I applied my bronzer to my cheekbones, and also applied this to my brow bone and on my lips (for more precision, you can use a brush or your finger to apply it to those smaller areas!). This blush even has flecks of tiny sparkles, making it truly dazzling in the sun! It is also infused with Vapour’s Herbal Enlightenment Complex, which helps to nourish and protect.
- On my eyes, I use Hynt Beauty’s Suite Eyeshadow Palette in Sweet Canyon, which is a bronze palette with a warm beige, deep terracotta and warm brown. Since I already applied a highlight to my brow bones, I went straight to the middle terracotta shade and applied that all over my upper lid, and under my lower lid as well in a more smokey fashion. Next, I used the warm brown shade on just the outer parts of my upper and lower lid, to further darken the color and create a smoldering effect.
- To add the final definition to my eyes, I use Hynt Beauty’s Forte High Definition Eyeliner (in Brown) to line the outer corner of my top lid and bottom lid. Then to blend my liner more seamlessly into my eyeshadow, I use the built-in smudge tip! I love how smoothly this liner applies (the consistency is creamy, which makes it glide right on), and it’s also paraben-free!
And that’s it! Now add some gold jewelry—arm cuffs will give you even more of that goddesss look; the ones I'm wearing here were handmade in the USA from Etsy! And then pair this look with something in white or teal, as they are colors that both will enhance and bring out your tan even more; the bralette I'm wearing here is handmade in NYC from Uye Surana!
Now you’re a glowing goddess!