We all want them—those gorgeous, voluminous, sweeeepingly long lashes. They glam up a look, make you appear more awake and bright eyed—or more sultry, depending on how you do your look. Lashes, lashes, lashes! Some are blessed with them, some just need a coupe of coats of mascara and voila! But, let's talk about those of us who aren't all batty lashed to the brim! There are options, ladies! And even if you're lashy, but want even MORE...this post is just for you! Read on to find out how to apply false eyelashes like a pro
(plus, enter our giveaway!).
Conventionally, false lashes aren't so 'eco' or 'vegan' friendly. Unfortunately, most of them are made from unsustainable or unethical materials–and lash glue is almost always loaded with formaldehyde. BOO! Don't sweat it though, alternatives do exist! So, if you're wanting to experiment with falsies for a special night out, photo shoot, wedding or just for funs sake, these lashes/lash glue I'm about to introduce to you are safe, AND eco–friendly!
are silk lashes. This means they're super lightweight, they hold their curl and last longer than mink and synthetic lashes. They're also animal cruelty free, and the silk comes from silkworms who aren't harmed. Battington claims that their falsies will provide the most natural looking lashes on the market, all while lasting longer than any other lash–you can get up to 25 applications. That's pretty impressive! There is a gorgeous range of 6 silk eyelashes styles to choose from, in two categories, depending on the look you're going for:
To top off this wonderful array of lashes, we've got some equally amazing natural lash glue! (It really works too!) True Glue all natural lash adhesive is completely natural and beneficial for your skin and lashes. It lasts all day, until you remove your falsies and it contains amazing ingredients such as: Biotin, Castor Oil, and Chamomile extract—so, no more brittle, dry lashes! Instead of loading on chemically filled lash glue to your lovely, sensitive eyelids, you're applying latex free glue that isn't tested on animals. In turn, this product will stregnthen, legnthen and condition your lashes, while holding onto your beautiful falsies!
Alright, so you want to know how to apply them... I mean, that's what we all came here for right?
HOW TO APPLY FALSE EYELASHES LIKE A PRO:
- Use your favourite eyelash curler to curl your lashes. This helps match your lashes to the bend in the silk lashes so everything looks like one.
- Remove the lashes from the pack and hold them against your eye to measure them against the length of your own natural lash line. All eyes are different shapes and sizes, so most silk lashes are going to be too long for your eye. I recently found out that the band of your false lash should be about 75% of your lash line length, so make sure to trim a little from the inner corner, as we definitely want our outer lashes to have more volume. ;)
- Apply a light coat of your favourite mascara to your natural lashes (before applying your silk eyelashes).
Draw a thin line of True Glue to the band of your (false) lashes.
- This is a super important step! Wait for glue to become tacky (for me, I like to wait almost 50–60 seconds). Many forget the importance of waiting for the adhesive to become tacky before applying the false lashes. If you do it too soon, they'll fall right off!
- Work from the outside in. Excessive fullness at the inner corner of your eye will scream fake, so try to always apply from your outer corner first and then apply as close to the lash line as possible.
- Tweezers are your friend! Instead of grabbing the lashes with your fingers, tweezers do all the delicate lifting and laying for you. This way you'll have more control and you won't damage your lashes.
- After you place the lash band on your lash line, hold them firmly in place until adhesive is set (10–20 seconds).
- Apply another coat of mascara to marry the two in harmonious matrimony!
Voila! Go ahead and bat them lashes, girl!
Not too hard right? Try the easy steps for how to apply false eyelashes like a pro and let us know how it works!