Ahh the facial toner! Gosh, where do I even begin? I know the title says Top 5 Facial Toners, but I've got a serious obsession with these guys and probably own 10+? Yeah... I know. Don't worry though because I'm keeping it to a minimum! These are some really great ones too, ones I cannot do without! They all serve different purposes, and yet have commonalities – hydration and toning! Wanna know all about them? Keep reading...
1. Dr. Alkaitis Organic Herbal Toner
: If you know me, you know I love a multi–tasking product. That's why I adore this Organic Herbal Toner! It's a multi–purpose product that acts as a toner, an astringent, a skin balancer and an anti–inflammatory. It also helps soothe and heal burns and is an amazing as an after–sun tonic. The formula is soothing, doesn't dry out the skin and can even be used as a moisturizer for oily complexions! I particularly love it first thing in the morning, dabbed onto a clean cotton round and swiped all over my face to clean away any excess oils from the night before.
2. Isa's Restoratives Elixir I – Soothe
: This powerhouse skin toner has a wonderful antimicrobial and anti–inflammatory blend of organic therapeutic grade essential oils that make this toner uplifting and refreshing. Amongst those properties, it is amazing for prepping your skin before applying serum! With ingredients like clary sage, witch hazel (non–drying and completely alcohol–free), calendula, lavender, colloidal silver and aloe... your skin tone will be evened out, will feel calm and look happy. I like to cover my face and neck with a light mist after cleansing or masking. Then I follow up with a beauty balm, face oil or cream.
3. Leahlani Skincare Citrus and Citrine Regenerating Toner: First off, if you've ever tried any Leahlani products, then you know you're in for a treat. It's like taking a vacation to Hawaii, without having to leave your home. This toner is best suited for acne prone, oily and mature skin and helps hydrate and purify your complexion. Not only that, but I adore the scent of this toner, and I love using it in the morning to really energize my skin before the day starts! This product contains the most gentle, healing ingredients such as Pure Hawaiian spring water infused with organic aloe, and a blend of brightening essential oils like neroli, orange and mandarin. Divine! Then there's the sugar cane and sugar maple to help promote a smooth complexion by increasing skin cell renewal. I adore this toner!
4. Mel Millis Phytonutri Rose Hydrolate Mist Tonic: This is another toner that is calming and soothing. (Can't get enough!) This product stimulates cell regeneration and soothes redness caused by irritation. It also really works at flushing out toxins in your skin and allows cells to better absorb nutrients and hydration. How's it do this? Well, by balancing the skin's pH levels of course! ;) This is also great for its anti–aging properties, as it plumps and smoothes fine lines while brightening dull and tired skin. I love the scent of this product! It's a go–to throughout the day, as it is fresh and floral due to the organic pure hydrolate (floral water) of a rose.
5. HollyBeth Organics Rose Geranium Toner: USDA Certified, this organic rose–scented fragrant mist can be used as a gentle toner, makeup setting spray, or spritzed throughout the day as a skin refresher. (Honestly, any of these mist toners – minus number 1 at the top – can be used as all of these things!) It is a nutrient-rich, aromatic spray that is perfect for a little pick–me–up (for the body and mind)! The balancing and therapeutic properties of the rose geranium provides gentle antiseptic properties, rose oil nurtures dry, stressed skin and helichrysum provides antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and emollient properties.
Do you see any toners or facial mists you may gravitate toward or maybe already own? We'd love to know which are your favourites! Let us know in the comments below. We love hearing from our Eco Divas!