TWO ALL NATURAL FACE MASKS—THAT ACTUALLY WORK!
A staple in my skincare regime (as it should be in yours too): Masques (or masks, depending on the product) should be your BFF. Why, you may ask? Well, let me tell you about my favourite all natural face masks and you'll be a convert soon enough!
Some of my most amazing skin and overall complexion experiences have come from masques. Whether they were wet, dry, more of a scrub, a peel or a cotton mask treatment, masques—the natural, and non-toxic kind, of course—have amazing benefits! Let's take a look at my top two favourites, chat about their ingredients and why I love them so much.
Want to have clear, healthy and luminous skin? (For real!) This is my absolute holy grail for acheiving a clear, beautiful complexion. Especially on those not-so-lovely days of the month where your skin wants to attack you— RUDE.
The Problem Solver Correcting Masque is a hero, an over-achiever, a superstar to say the least! The jet-black fusion of antioxidant-rich raw cacao, healing bamboo charcoal, soil nutrients, salts and exotic warming spices goes deep, on a mission to reveal your most radiant self. This intense treatment masque effectively purifies and tightens pores, extinguishes inflammations, fights and heals blemishes, jump-starts circulation in the epidermis and detoxifies skin with delightful ease and power.
Talk about a super masque, right!? It does it all, and well too. What I think is so unique about this masque is that it's a powder-to-mousse formula. Yes, powder to mousse! It activates on contact with water, only releasing its magic at the exact moment of use so you experience full potency every time. Can't find that with any other masque... this one is truly one-of-a-kind AND the brush (May Lindstrom Skin The Facial Treatment Brush) that you can purchase with it is a gift from the heavens! Best. Thing. Ever. It makes mixing and application a breeze!
So, you have the masque (yay!) and now you want to know how to apply it? Keep reading...
How to apply:
- Activate a tablespoon of powder formula with equal parts water in a bowl, blending to form a soft mousse.
- Massage over skin and relax.
- Treatment time is 45 minutes (or until fully dry). Expect a slightly hot and tingling sensation—my favourite!
- Rinse, and follow with your moisturizer.
- ENJOY YOUR AMAZING SKIN!
- Note: For super sensitive skin, leave the masque on for less time (start with 20 minutes and see!).
- You can also use this as an overnight spot treatment when you feel something starting to come to a head on your face. Genius!
This is the ultimate therapeutic treatment mask. Dr. Alkaitis' Organic Universal Mask nourishes, soothes, calms and rejuvenates sensitive, irritated and inflamed skin—and ladies, you know I'm all about rejuvination and calming! It is also an excellent mask for post skin peels and micro-dermabrasion! If you look at the ingredients in this product, such as Organic Grass Juice Complex, Oat Buds, Sea Vegetable Complex, Hemp Protein, Vegetable Complex (Carrots, Cabbage, Sweet Potato, Kale, Broccoli, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cucumber, Ginger, Onions, Cauliflower, Beets, Tomatoes and Parsley)and much more... you'll clearly see that this is a real meal for the skin. Yum, yum!
How to apply:
- Mix one full teaspoon of powdered mask with approximately one teaspoon of water in a small bowl and mix into thin paste.
- Apply evenly with fingertips to face, neck and décolletage and keep mask moist by spritzing with water.
- After 10-20 minutes, gently use a soft damp cloth or hands to rinse face with lukewarm water.
- Do not use mixture more than once.
- For additional rejuvenation and hydration benefits mix with goats milk yogurt and/or a teaspoon of raw organic honey. Use weekly.
And there you have it, ladies! My two favourite masks that do wonders for your skin. If you're interested in any one of these, or even in other masques that EcoDiva has to offer in their shop, head over there now and shop around!